To all Science Fair Sponsors
This year – 2017 -2018 – All the information you will need will be on this website – www. mcsta.org —
We hope this makes the organization of science fair information and communication a bit easier.
@ Upper Dublin High School (during the mini-conference)
Please note***A rules meeting is MANDATORY for any school that has not participated in the last two years. If this applies, the school may not participate without attending one.
Please contact Melody or Phil for alternate dates/accommodations If you cannot attend the mini-conference.
SRC IMPORTANT DATES listed below: ( to review projects needing SRC review—human, vertebrate, pathogenic (bacteria), etc.)
– () First SRC deadline – Get proposals to Phil Rittenhouse at GA (Germantown Academy) or Melody Leithold at North Penn High School room C18 by 4:00 PM by the PRIOR Wednesday
-Note: The first SRC committee will meet Saturday, Oct 1st at North Penn room C18(composed of Phil, Melody and other members we will call as needed)
– () Second SRC deadline – Get proposals to Phil Rittenhouse at GA or Melody Leithold at North Penn by 4:00 PM
– () Note (To whom it may concern) : The SRC Committee will meet at North Penn High School (Melody’s room) from 8 AM – 12 PM – Continental breakfast served.
– Note: We will mail/deliver paperwork to sponsors by December 10/11. If some revision is required, sponsors need to return by December 16th. No new protocols will be accepted
– () Teachers/Sponsors may begin inputting data onto the computer. COMPLETION AND ACCURACY ARE CRITICAL. Please do not have your students input data. Sponsors: your username and passwords are the same. Please contact us if you need a reminder.
–(Friday Jan 2oth) End of Internet registration. LAST DAY for submitting information by sponsors onto the computer
– () Registration Meeting – This is the deadline for entry application sheets, registration forms, certification forms with preliminary abstract attached using MCSRC abstract form, and 2 checks: one for the total student registrations ($/student) and one $ check for school registration. The $ check will be refunded if your school sends one person (or more) to help with table set-up and one person (or more) to take down the tables & help clean up after the competition. Everything must be hand delivered to the Director(s) between 3:00 PM and 5:30 PM at North Penn High School, Lansdale in Room C18.
-( ) All protocols reviewed for fair entry. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED to check for signatures and forms!!! This is NOT an SRC. Contact Phil or Melody
-() Deadline to email director the names of people who will be representing your school for table setup and for take down on
– MCSRC location – Floy Lewis Field House, Ursinus College
– Setup at the Field House – each school should have a representative there. We start at 4 PM and are usually done in 2 hours if we have enough help. WE NEED YOU!!!!!
– Project Setup – (There is NO electricity at MCSRC or DEL VAL.) Setup of registered projects will begin at 8:00 AM. The setup will end at 5:30 PM. Students must be off the floor at this time. No student will be permitted to the floor for setup after 5:00 PM. Students should bring a blue or black pen for completing the approval forms as well as any equipment (tape, pliers, hammer, etc.) to setup. Bring 10 copies of the project’s abstract on MCSRC abstract form. One copy is to be handed in at the registration table with the project number on the upper right hand corner. One copy should be mounted on the board in the upper left hand corner. The rest are left with the project. The project number should be put on all of items (logbooks, research papers, etc) including abstracts at your display. NO school names should appear on any papers or the front of the board. On the back, bottom center of the board should be the student and school name AND school phone number ONE INCH HIGH. Students who have computers with their exhibit may bring them to setup prior to 8:45 AM for high school and prior to 1:30 PM for middle school on judging day. These should be taken home after judging. A card found at the project site will be filled out indicating participation in the Delaware Valley Science Fair in April if selected to go. Hand this card in also.
Judging Day 9:00 – 12:00 PM – Divisions A, B, C, & D (Grades 12-9)
All exhibitors must be at their projects at 9:00 AM. Students will sit at their projects for the judging. They must remain at their project until the Director dismisses them. Projects are to be taken home after the judging is completed. There will be no public viewing of projects this year. No cell phones or walkie-talkies are to be used during judging.
1:30 – 5:00 PM Division E (Grades 6-8)
All exhibitors must be at their projects at 1:30 PM. Students will sit at their projects for the judging. They must remain at their project until the Director dismisses them. Projects are to be taken home after the judging is completed. There will be no public viewing of projects this year. No cell phones or walkie-talkies are to be used during judging.
The numbers of the winning projects will be posted on the Internet at the end of the judging that evening after 7 PM. Once again, the Special Award winners will be kept separate from the regular Division winners.
ASSISTANCE by each school is needed to take down tables and pack MCSRC materials starting as soon as students are dismissed at 5PM.
5:30-6:30 pm Divisions A-D (High School) Awards Grades 9-12
7:00 – 8:00pm Division E (Middle School) Awards Grades 6 – 8
Awards presentations at Bomberger Hall (Ursinus Campus Map)